Project Designer (New York)
Experience Required: 2 – 5 years of experience in a professional office
Education Requirements: MLA or BLA from an accredited program
Hargreaves Associates New York is seeking talented designers with strong production skills and at least two years experience to assist with various aspects of project development including master planning, conceptual design, schematic design, design development, construction documents and construction observation for a broad range of projects. Candidates must have strong communication and writing skills and thrive in a collaborative studio environment. Experience with grading and ability to think three dimensionally is critical. Expertise with Adobe programs, AutoCad and 3D programs is essential. Other duties may include assisting in marketing and proposal efforts. Some travel will be required. Candidates should hold a MLA or BLA. Salary will be based on experience. Positions are available in New York, NY.
You must have a MLA or BLA with 2 – 5 years of experience in a professional office, be able to work between Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Rhino and AutoCAD and any experience with Civil3D, V-ray or Revit is a bonus.
Email your application to email@example.com with
– cover letter
– portfolio/work samples (under 10Mb)
– ‘NY Project Designer 2-5 years’ in the subject line.
Applications without resume AND portfolio will not be considered.
No phone calls please.
SUMMER 2018 INTERNSHIP (San Francisco, CA & Cambridge, MA)
Internship Duration: May – August 2018
Application Period: Jan 29- Feb. 28, 2018 and we will contact the intern shortlist by March 15, 2018
Education Requirements: Applicants must have at least one semester of study remaining after Summer 2018
Hargreaves Associates in San Francisco and Cambridge are seeking aspiring Landscape Architects that thrive in an environment of collaboration and mentoring and who demonstrate a high degree of creativity and an eagerness to learn. Together with Hargreaves Associates Principals and Designers, interns will participate in the production of inventory and analysis tasks, and creative design studies and documentation of a range of local, regional, and international landscape and urban design projects. Successful applicants will be immersed in a working environment of a firm committed to built work and design excellence and where critical thinking is highly valued.
The ideal candidate:
• Thrives in team settings and can communicate with professionals internally and other disciplines externally.
• Has strong written and graphic communication, problem-solving, and design skills.
• Is proficient in current design software including: Adobe Creative Suites (Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign), AutoCAD, and Rhino. General knowledge of parametric computation (primarily grasshopper for rhino), and BIM technologies (primarily Revit) is considered an asset but not mandatory.
• Contributes proactively to the project team and is excited to learn.
The internship is paid. We will accept both local and international students, however, the applicable visas must be obtained by the students and be current.
Interested students should submit their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: SUMMER 2018 INTERNSHIP (San Francisco) or SUMMER 2018 INTERNSHIP (Cambridge)
Please submit the following materials:
• Letter of Interest (1 page max.) – Tell us why you want to be an intern at Hargreaves Associates, your career ambitions, interests, and which aspect of landscape architecture appeal to you.
• Resume (2 pages max.)
• Portfolio (do not exceed 10MB) –Attach your portfolio to the email. Embedded links and PDFs that exceed this size will not be considered.
• Video (optional) – If you are feeling inspired, or want to show off an additional skillset, please include a link to a short video (1 minute or less) that showcases you and your work.
No phone calls please.